A collection of newsworthy information as reported from newspapers, magazines, and blogs.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

How Obama Has Inspired Me




I’d be the first to admit that I never paid much attention to politics. However, after being a part of Obama’s grassroots organization, I eat, drink and sleep politics. His vision of Hope and Change made me act.

Since I’m a young retiree, I read the New York Times, Washington Post, Daily Beast, Huffington Post and others too numerous to mention daily. I listen to every speech Obama makes. I see every town hall meeting.

Obama’s actions have been consistent with his message. He has worked on bipartisanship to no avail. He has called the Republicans out and exposed their obstructionist behavior. I believe this help Americans understand what’s happening in Washington. He’s working extremely hard to deliver the “change we can believe in.”

To further his objectives, I write articles and post them on Gather.com, Facebook, and other social networks. Since I live in MO, I help expose Republican Senator Christopher (Kit) Bond holding up the nomination for the GSA administration. I explained how this action cost the government 180 million dollars during the 10 months it took Ms. Johnson to be appointed. With so much going on in Washington, it’s hard for the average person to keep up.

Thanks to the Supreme Court decision and the people representing the Republican Party, grassroots efforts may be nullified. Even though there are 600 broadcasting stations available to Republicans and only 100 available to Progressives, we have to do more and do things differently. I think if I write about facts and leave out opinions and emotions, it may attract a fair minded thinker.

It’s needless to say, but Obama has inspired me to do more. When I’m not writing about Politics, I write about Personal Finance. My username in most places is moneytutor.

Jo Ann Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment